The introduction of Lasik surgery in Orange County has opened many opportunities for easier and faster medication of several eye conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. It was found to be effective alternatives for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Experiences and related studies have already proven the numerous benefits of this kind of treatment.
However, just like any other surgery or medication, this also poses some risks and complications that you should ask your Orange County Lasik surgeon about. Here are some of the complications you should be aware of before and expect after undergoing laser eye surgery here in Orange County.
What are the risks and possible of complications of undergoing Lasik surgery?
- It may result to dry eyes. After undergoing Lasik surgery in Orange County, there is a tendency for the tear production of the eyes to slow down. This may likewise affect the quality of your vision.
However, this is not something to worry about. Dry eyes are a common effect of the surgery, especially during the healing process. Avoid scratching your eyes and use a prescribed eye drop instead because unnecessary actions may worsen the situation.
- It may cause glare and double vision. A few days or weeks after the Lasik surgery, you may see glares and halos, particularly when looking at bright lights. Once you experience this, it will be best to ask your Lasik surgeon.
Do not mistaken this for ineffectiveness of the surgery you just went through since this is just one common complication of laser eye surgery in Orange County which lasts for just a short period.
- Undercorrections and overcorrections might happen. Unlike the two complications mentioned earlier which are common and short term, undercorrections and overcorrections happen due to some inefficiencies in the surgery.
Undercorrection happens when there is too little tissue removed from the eye. When this happens, you will not be able to get the clear vision you are expecting.
On the other hand, overcorrection happens when too much tissue is removed from the eye during the surgery. This kind of complication is more difficult to address than undercorrections.
- It may cause or worsen astigmatism. Although Lasik surgery is known to treat astigmatism, it may also result to or worsen an existing case of astigmatism. This happens when there is an uneven removal of tissue from the eyes. To treat this, additional surgery or using glasses or contact lenses.
- You may encounter problems with the flaps of your eyes. Once the flap of your eyes are folded back after the surgery, you become more prone to infections and excess tears.
It is important to be aware of these complications for two primary reasons. First, once you are aware of these, particularly the common ones, there is less possibility of panicking on your part, knowing that it is part of the healing process. Moreover, some of these complications stress the importance of looking for an excellent Lasik surgeon in Orange County who can surely provide you with an effective eye treatment.
Always remember that our eyes is one of the most important organs we have so it is essential to take care of it properly.