Do you need specialized medications? Are you allergic to certain substances and need your medicine modified? Perhaps you’re looking for a hard-to-find prescription. If you answer yes to any of these questions, there’s a good chance that you’ll find the ideal solution from a compounding pharmacy serving Las Vegas.
What is a Compounding Pharmacy?
Following a doctor’s prescription, a compounding pharmacy customizes drugs and medications to meet a person’s personal preferences and medical needs. Most special requirements can be fulfilled by compounding pharmacies including:
- Alternating prescription forms like ointments, powders, pills, troches, drops, and liquids
- Medication doses that may not be commercially available
- Making medication more palatable with flavoring
- Customizing hypo-allergenic alternatives to medication
- BHRT that follows the Wiley protocol
Before, compounding pharmacies were the main way pay for people to get their medication. In the 1950s, however, pharmacy manufacturers began mass-producing medicines and drugs in standard doses and forms, causing a decline in customized medications.
Today, the push for more personalized and accessible medical care has caused compounding pharmacies to make a comeback. With the outstanding benefits it offers to patients, it’s not hard to see why.
Benefits of a Compounding Pharmacy
Think of compounded medication as designer versions of standardized drugs – your special needs are carefully met instead of a one-size-fits-all solution. Compounding pharmacists mix ingredients to achieve the right formulation, dosage, form, strength, and flavor just for you. More benefits include:
- Combination preparations – Compounding pharmacists can combine compatible drugs in just one dosage to make simpler for you to comply with your prescription and medication schedule.
- Dosage forms – Are you experiencing adverse effects with your current meds? Have you noticed that your body is not responding to what you’re taking? Compounding pharmacists can work with your doctor to give you alternative dosage such as suppositories, transdermal gels, and lozenges to improve effectiveness.
- Out-of-stock medication – What’s more frustrating than going to your pharmacy and finding that your medication is unavailable? You’ll never have this problem with compounding pharmacies because they can simply obtain bulk powers of the required drug and compound the preparation you need.
- Palatable flavous – One of the most difficult parts of getting a child to take their medication is the taste. Compounded medication can be customized to eliminate aftertastes and come in flavoring that your child prefers.
- Special formulations from prescribers – Prescribers often come up with unique formulations that address particular needs of their target patients. For these cases, compounded pharmacies are the best way to prepare these customized formulas.
- Hypo-allergenic versions – Many people simply cannot take standardized drugs due to an adverse reaction to one or more ingredients. Compounded pharmacies can eliminate unnecessary preservatives, gluten, dyes, alcohol, sugar, lactose, and other triggers so you’re able to minimize allergic reactions.
Thanks to compounding pharmacies, patients now have greater options when it comes to medication and their health. From low dose naltrexone to BHRT that mimic human hormones, compounded medication allow both doctors and their patients a greater degree of control in terms of what they put inside their bodies and how they manage their health.