Regular cream can remedy the occasional dark circle and wrinkle around the eyes. It is, however, not as effective when it comes to prominent under-eye bags, wrinkles, and fine lines. You need something more potent and specific for these severe cases. Follow the tips below to find the best anti-aging eye cream.
Stick to ones that are odorless.
No matter how appealing scented eye creams are, it’s best that you remove them from your options entirely. Using fragrant products, regardless of its nature (natural or synthetic) and intensity, around or near your eyes is a huge no-no. The scent will irritate your eyes. It can also cause rashes and allergic reactions if you have sensitive eyes.
Search for specific ingredients when you shop for eye creams.
Don’t base your shopping decisions on how well a product is packaged or how well known a brand is. Check out what’s written on the label. Keep an eye out for ingredients that have properties that can replenish and restore the skin. Here are some of them.
- Fatty acids
- Butter and oils
- Sodium hyaluronate
- Unscented plant extracts
When shopping for other skincare products, like skin bleaching cream, opt for ones that have these ingredients as well.
Have realistic expectations.
Don’t expect ivory skin after a couple of applications of your bleaching cream. Likewise, don’t expect the complete elimination of your wrinkles and disappearance of sagging skin. Eye creams, even the ones that are branded and tested, cannot guarantee these results. They can only:
- hydrate your skin
- minimize the size of your pores
- leave the skin smoother, firmer, and brighter
- diminish the prominence of lines, puffiness, circles, and wrinkles
If you’re using a skin bleaching cream, you can also expect a lighter complexion.
Know what you can and cannot do with your creams.
Having a clear idea of what you can expect from your product and how to make the most of it will enhance your shopping experience. Why? Because it will give you a clear scenario in which you can imagine using the product, which is helpful if this is your first time searching for eye cream. Here are the essentials.
- Don’t apply it on your eyelids.
- Don’t let the cream enter your eyes.
- Be very gentle and deliberate when applying eye cream.
- Maintain a certain distance from your bottom lashes when you apply the cream.
- You can use bleaching cream to lighten the dark circles around your eyes.
- It’s best to apply cream every morning and night, specifically 15 minutes after you wake up and before you go to bed.
- Use only what is necessary. Using a generous amount won’t speed up its effects.
Consider these when you shop for your eye cream. Be wary of sellers that recommend application practices that go against what’s on this list (e.g., applying the product on the eyelids).
Don’t settle for less when purchasing products that you’re going to apply on the skin around your eyes. Follow these tips to find the best anti-aging eye cream!