Natural hormone replacement is one of the most popular options for menopausal symptoms relief. The rhythmic option, in particular, is recommended for most as the hormones involved closely resemble those that are naturally produced. Because it adheres to the body’s natural processes, hormone replacement can also help women cope with the various changes that occur in the period before menopause —the perimenopause.
Perimenopause is the period wherein the body makes its transition to menopause. During this phase, women experience drastic changes to their body. Most of these changes start in their 40s and end by their 50s. Some experience signs of perimenopause as early as their 30s.
Common perimenopausal symptoms include the following:
- Irregular periods – The duration of your menstrual period may become shorter or longer. You may also skip periods. If you experience changes that take up at least seven days of your menstrual cycle, you may be in the early stage of perimenopause. If you’re experiencing gaps of 60 days or more in between your periods, you may be in late perimenopause.
- Hot flashes – Perimenopausal women experience hot flashes often —warmth, which usually feels most intense over the face, chest, and neck. The intensity, frequency, and length of these instances vary.
- Vaginal/bladder issues – When estrogen levels go down, vaginal tissues lose lubrication and elasticity. This results in painful intercourse and increased vulnerability to urinary or vaginal infections.
- Changes in mood – Perimenopausal women are more prone to mood swings, irritability, and depression due to lack of sleep that’s linked to hot flashes.
- Changes in cholesterol levels – Perimenopause brings about a decrease in estrogen levels, which can contribute to increased low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. This, in turn, can heighten your risk of getting heart disease.
- Changes in sexual function – Perimenopause also affects sexual desire and satisfaction, usually diminishing their intensity.
Forms of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) has the potential to relieve you of these various perimenopause symptoms. Anyone can get BHRT from a compounding pharmacy in California in the following forms:
- Implanted Pellets
Apart from these, there are other procedures that can help even out imbalanced hormones, such as the Wiley Protocol and rhythmic HRT.
Precautions for Natural Hormone Replacement
While it gives welcome relief for women who suffer from menopause, natural hormone replacement is not suitable for all women. Those who are suffering from breast cancer, for instance, are discouraged from the treatment as it can affect their condition negatively.
Patients who are considering having HRT should consult with their doctor before committing to the solution. They should also take preparatory measures to complement the therapy, such as:
- Take vitamin supplements
- Eat a more balanced and healthy diet
- Lessen anxiety and stress
- Increase exercise
Explore the Health Potential of Natural Hormone Therapy
Getting natural hormone therapy is a personal choice. With your health in the line, you need to make critical choices for the well-being of your body. A compounding pharmacy near Las Vegas can prescribe bioidentical hormone therapy to help improve your health. Alleviate the symptoms of perimenopause and other conditions caused by imbalanced hormones with natural hormone therapy!